Part 1

Ticket Agent: Good morning. How can I help you?
代理售票人早上好,有什么可以帮助您的吗?

Dave: Hi. I would like to buy a ticket to Washington please.
Dave: 您好,我想要买一张去华盛顿的票。

Ticket Agent: Certainly. When do you want to go?
代理售票人:好的,你答案什么时候出发?

Dave: Tomorrow afternoon, please. Around 2 o’clock is best.
Dave: 明天下午的吧,大概亮点左右最好。

Ticket Agent: Let me see. We have a train at 2.07, if that is Ok.
代理售票人:让我查一下,如果合适的话,我们在2:07有一趟列车。

Dave: That’s perfect.
Dave: 太好了。

Ticket Agent: Do you want one-way, or return?
代理售票人:你是想买单程还是往返的呢?

Dave: One-way please.
Dave: 单程就好。

Ticket Agent: Alright. That will be $48 please. Do you want to pay by cash or by card?
代理售票人:好的,票价为48美元,您是现金支付还是信用卡支付呢?

Dave: Cash. Here’s $50.
Dave: 给您50美元

Ticket Agent: And $2 change. Have a nice day.
代理售票人:找你零钱2美元,祝您愉快。

Part 2

Ticket Seller: Good evening, how can I help you?
售票员:晚上好,我可以帮助到您什么吗?

Samantha: Could I get 2 tickets to the 9pm showing of ‘Batman’ please?
Samantha: 能给我两张晚上9点上映“蝙蝠侠”的票吗?

Ticket Seller: I’m sorry, the 9pm showing has sold out. We do have tickets for the 9 30 screening.
售票员:非常抱歉,晚上9点的票已经售完,我们只有9点半的票了。

Samantha: That’ll do. Can we have seats near the back?
Samantha: 就这样吧,我们能选择靠后一点儿的座位吗?

Ticket Seller: Sure. Take a look at the seating chart and tell me which ones you would like.
售票员:好的,先看一下座位排列表,然后告诉我你们喜欢的座位。

Samantha: (looking at seating chart) I think these 2 are fine.
Samantha: (查看座位排列表)我觉得这2个位置比较好。

Ticket Seller: Ok. 2 tickets for the 9 30 showing of Batman comes to £15.50
售票员:好的,2张9点半上映的“蝙蝠侠”电影票,总共15.50英镑。

Samantha: Gosh, it’s expensive. Can I pay by card?
Samantha: 天哪,太贵了,我可以用信用卡支付吗?

Ticket Seller: Of course. (takes card) Can you enter your PIN? (Samantha enters PIN) And sign your name here. Thank you.
售票员:当然可以(刷卡)请您输入一下密码好吗?(Samantha输入密码),请在这里签字,非常感谢。

Samantha: Which way do I go to get there?
Samantha: 选择哪个通道进入呢?

Ticket Seller: The movie is in screen 2. Just go through those doors, and it is on the left.
售票员:这个电影在2号放映厅,您只需要穿过这些门,然后就在左边。

Samantha: Thanks very much.
Samantha: 非常感谢你。

Ticket Seller: Enjoy the film.
售票员:尽情观看。

Part 3

Last Tuesday I wanted to take the bus into the city centre, so I went to the bus stop.

上周二我准备乘公交车去市中心,于是我来到公交站台。

I waited and waited and waited. Then, it began to rain. I didn’t have an umbrella or a coat so I got very wet and cold.

我等啊等啊等,然后,天下起了雨,我没有带雨伞,也没有雨衣,所以最后我变得又湿又冷。

Finally, the bus arrived. I bought my ticket from the driver, and sat down. The other passengers were all dry and warm.

最终,公交车到了,我买票后坐下。车上其他乘客身上都是干的,并且很暖和。

After I got off the bus I wanted to go to the museum. The rain was light now, not heavy, so I walked to the museum.

下车后我打算去博物馆,雨变小了,所以我走到了博物馆。

When I got there I saw the museum was very busy because a school was on a school trip.

当我到达这里时,我发现,由于有学校组织的郊游,博物馆变得很忙。

About 100 children were outside, and they were very loud. I waited and waited and waited. Finally I bought my ticket and got into the museum.

大概100多名孩子在外面等着,他们大声交谈着。我等啊等啊等,最后,终于买到票,进入博物馆。

Inside the museum I saw that the rain had stopped. Stupid rain. I was hungry, so I went to the snack bar.

在博物馆里我看到雨已经停了,倒霉的雨,因为饿了,我来到一家小吃店,

There was no one there, only a sign saying ‘Back in 5 minutes’. I waited and waited and waited. I got very hungry.

小吃店里没人,只有一个标识写着“五分钟回来”。我等啊等啊等,变得越来越饿。

Finally the worker came back and I bought a bag of crisps.

工作人员终于回来了,我买了一大包薯片。

In the evening I went to the cinema. I wanted to watch the 6 o’clock showing, but the tickets had sold out.

晚上我去电影院,想要看一场6点钟的电影,但是票已经卖完了。

The next tickets were for 7 o’clock. I waited and waited and waited. I bought another bag of crisps. Finally, the movie started.

下一轮的票只有7点才有,我等啊等啊等,我又买了一包薯片,最后,电影终于开始了。

After the movie finished, I wanted to go home. I went back to the bus stop. I waited and waited and waited. It began to rain again. I got wet and cold again.

看完电影,我打算回家,我又折回公交站台,我等啊等啊等,天又开始下雨了,我再次被淋得又湿又冷。

After 45 minutes I thought ‘Where is the bus?’. I looked at the bus timetable. It said the last bus was 5 minutes before I got there. I wanted to die.

45分钟之后,我在想“公交车怎么还不来呢?”我一看公交时间,上面写着,最晚一班车是在我到这里5分钟之前收车的,我想去死了。

Part 4

If you are buying a plane ticket, you will have to choose what sort of ticket you want:

如果你买飞机票,你会选择你想要的票:

a) 经济舱,商务舱,头等舱?Economy, business, or 1st class?
b) 单程,往返 One-way, or return?
c) 直达,中途停留 Direct, or with a stopover?
d) 靠窗,中间,还是过道? Window, middle, or aisle?

If you are buying a cinema ticket, you will also need to choose what kind of ticket you want:

如果你准备买一张电影票,你也是需要选择你想要的票:

a) 哪一部电影?Which movie?
b)什么时间开始的?What time?
c) 哪个位置?Which seats?
d) 连坐还是分开?Seats together, or apart?

If you are buying an entrance ticket (to a park, or interesting place) you probably won’t need to choose what type of ticket you want. The only question is: do you want to go in?

如果你要买入场门票(去公园或者其他有趣的地方),也许你不需要选择票的类型,唯一的一个问题就是:你想要进去吗?