Part 1 第一部分

Anna: What a beautiful day! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I’m happy.
Anna: 天气真好!阳光明媚,百鸟争鸣,我也很开心。

Dave: Yes, sunny days are my favourite too. Yesterday the weather was terrible: rainy, windy, cloudy, freezing. What are you going to do today?
Dave: 是的,我最喜欢晴天,昨天的天气非常糟糕,又下雨,又吹风,又是乌云,又很冷。今天你打算干什么呢?

Anna: I’m going to go to the park. How about you?
Anna: 我准备到公园去一下,你呢?

Dave: I have to go to work.
Dave: 我要去上班。

Anna: Oh dear. Do you have to work tomorrow too?
Anna: 唉,明天你也必须上班吗?

Dave: No, tomorrow is my day off. What will the weather be like?
Dave: 不会,明天我休息,明天的天气会怎样?

Anna: I read it will be another sunny day. 15° in the morning, and 25° in the afternoon.
Anna: 我查到明天又是一个艳阳天,早晨15度,下午25度。

Dave: Great. I think I’ll go to the beach.
Dave: 太好了,我打算去沙滩上。

Anna: Good idea. Ok, I have to go now. Talk to you later.
Anna: 好主意,我得走了,后面再聊吧。

Part 2 第二部分

Philip: (answering the phone) Hello?
Philip: (接电话)你好?

Haley: Hi, Philip? It’s Haley.
Haley:你好,是Philip?我是Haley

Philip: Oh, hi Haley. How are you?
Philip: 哦,你好 Haley,最近过的怎样?

Haley: Very well, thanks. I’m in Italy.,
Haley:我过的很好,谢谢关心,我现在在意大利。

Philip: Italy? Wow, that’s great. How’s the weather?
Philip: 意大利?哇,太棒了,那边天气怎么样呢?

Haley: Not bad. Today is a bit cloudy, and this morning it was rainy, but yesterday was very nice: sunny all day.
Haley:还行,今天多云,今天早上还下了一点儿雨,但是昨天天气很好,整天都是艳阳天。

Philip: Well, it is freezing here. The TV says it is 5°, but it feels like -5°. What have you been doing?
Philip: 哦,我这边很寒冷,电视上报道说有5度,但是感觉是零下5度,你都干了些什么呢?

Haley: Yesterday we went to a lake because it was sunny. Today we have been shopping, and went to a restaurant, because of the rain. The weather will be warm again tomorrow, so we will go out.
Haley:昨天,因为天气晴朗,所以我们去逛了一下湖边。今天,由于下雨,我们只有去购物了,然后再餐馆吃了饭。明天天气又将转暖,所以我们又会外出。

Philip: Very nice. I wish I was in Italy too. When do you come back?
Philip: 太好了,我多希望我也在意大利,你什么时候回来呢?

Haley: In 2 days. We will come and see you.
Haley:过两天吧,到时我们会来看你的。

Philip: Sure. How’s the food?
Philip: 好的,食物怎么样呢?

Haley: The food is wonderful. Last night we sat outside at a restaurant. It was warm, but with a light breeze, and we ate pasta and drank a bottle of red wine. It was Paradise.
Haley:食物非常美味,昨晚,我们坐在一家餐馆外面,感觉很温暖,伴着一丝微风,吃了pasta并且喝了一杯红酒,简直是天堂生活啊。

Philip: I bet. Sorry, sis, I have to head out now. Ok, I’ll see you when you are back.
Philip: 好羡慕。不好意思哟,我现在得出去咯,等你回来时我来看你哈。

Haley: No problem. Talk to you later.
Haley:好的,没问题,后面再聊。

Part 3 第三部分

I think the weather in Shanghai is terrible. It is always too hot, too cold, too wet, or too windy.
我觉得上海的天气是非常糟糕的,它要么特热,要么特冷,要么特潮湿,要么风特大。

In summer, Shanghai is boiling. The temperature is between 35° and 40° every day. It is hot and sweaty.
夏天时,上海就快要飞沸腾了,每天的温度几乎都是在35度到40度之间,又热又潮湿。

Sometimes I need to take 3 cold showers a day. If I walk to work I have to change my clothes because they are sweaty, and I smell awful.
有时候,我一天都得洗3次澡。如果我走路上班后,我必须重新换衣服,因为走后衣服都被打湿,而且有怪味。

In the winter, Shanghai is too cold. The temperature is about 2°, but it feels very cold. At night my apartment is freezing. When it is cold and windy I don’t want to go out.
在冬天,上海又非常寒冷。虽然温度在2度,但是感觉非常的寒冷,晚上,我的公寓里面非常的寒冷,如果天冷时再吹风,我就不想出门了。

In spring, Shanghai is wet. It rains a lot, and there are a lot of storms. If I am inside, I really like the storms – I watch them from my window – but if I am outside it is horrible.
在春天,上海是湿润的,经常下雨,同时伴随着很多的暴风,如果我在室内,我是非常喜欢狂风的,因为我可以通过窗户观赏,但是,如果我在外面,那就太恐怖了。

In the autumn, it is very windy. Sometimes it is very hot (like summer), but sometimes it can be cold. However, autumn is my favourite season in Shanghai.
秋天是非常多风的,有时天气很热(就像夏天一样),但是有时又非常冷,但是,上海的秋天是我最喜欢的季节。

Part 4 第四部分

In English, there are different ways to talk about the weather.
在英语中,有许多不同的方法描述天气。

Adjectives:  sunny; rainy; windy; cloudy; snowy; stormy
形容词:阳光明媚的,多雨的,多风的,多云的,多雪的,有暴风雨的。

It is sunny today.
今天是晴天。

It was windy 2 days ago.
2天前是多风的。

It is going to be snowy on Friday.
星期五会下雪。

Verbs: rain; snow
动词:下雨,下雪。

It is raining at the moment.
现在在下雨。

It was snowing this morning.
今天早上下雪了。

It will rain tonight.
今天会下雨。

Nouns + Verbs: sun – shine; rain – fall/pour; wind – blow; snow – fall
名词+动词:阳光-发光;雨-下/倾泻;风-吹;雪-下、落。

The sun is shining at the moment.
此刻正阳光四射。

The wind was blowing last night.
昨晚吹风了。

Snow is going to fall tomorrow.
明天会下雪。

Some Special Words: boiling; freezing; breezy; drizzly; pouring
一些特殊名词:沸腾、冰冻、微风、细雨、浇灌

It’s boiling. I think it is 38°.
快要沸腾了,我觉得有38度。

Last night was freezing. It was -2°.
昨晚结冰了,气温有零下2度。

It isn’t very windy, but it is a little breezy.
风不大,但是有点儿微风。

It was a little drizzly this morning, but now it is sunny.
今天早上下着毛毛细雨,但是现在阳光明媚了。

On Tuesday it was pouring. We didn’t go out.
星期二大雨倾盆,我们没法外出。